General Response To Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a general response to the questions we get frequently. Feel free to contact us if you don’t find the answer to your question!
What do I need for applying for my visa?
1. Basic Documents
Original passport with at least six months of remaining validity and blank visa pages, and a photocopy of the passport’s data page and the photo page
if it is separate.
(2) Visa Application Form and Photo
One completed Visa Application Form with a recently-taken color passport photo (bare-head, full face) against a light
(3) Proof of legal stay or residence status (applicable to those not applying for the visa in their country of citizenship)
If you are not applying for the visa in the country of your citizenship, you must provide the original and photocopy of your valid certificates or visa of
stay, residence, employment or student status, or other valid certificates of legal staying provided by the relevant authorities of the country where you
are currently staying.
(4) Photocopy of previous Chinese passports or previous Chinese visas (applicable to foreign citizens those who were Chinese citizens and have
obtained foreign citizenship)
If you are applying for a Chinese visa for the first time, you should provide your previous Chinese passport held and a photocopy of its data page.
If you have obtained Chinese visas before and want to apply for a Chinese visa with a renewed foreign passport that does not contain any Chinese
visa, you should present the photocopy of the previous passport’s data page and the photo page if it is separate, as well as the previous Chinese visa
page. (If your name on the current passport differs from that on the previous one, you must provide an official document of name change.)
2. Supporting Documents
Original and photocopy of Admission Notice issued by a school or other entities in China.
(1) Documents on the commercial activity issued by a trade partner in China, or trade fair invitation or other invitation letters issued by relevant entity
or individual. The invitation letter should contain:
- a) Information on the applicant (full name, gender, date of birth, etc.)
- b) Information on the planned visit (purpose of visit, arrival and departure dates, place(s) to be visited, relations between the applicant and
the inviting entity or individual, financial source for expenditures)
- c) Information on the inviting entity or individual (name, contact telephone number, address, official stamp, signature of the legal representative
or the inviting individual)
One of the following documents:
(1) Foreigners Employment Permit of the People’s Republic of China issued by Chinese government authorities for Human Resources and
Social Security, as well as Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Entity or Confirmation Letter of Invitation issued by relevant Chinese entities.
(2) Permit for Foreign Experts Working in China issued by the State Bureau of Foreign Experts as well as Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Entity
or Confirmation Letter of Invitation issued by relevant Chinese entities.
(3) Registration Certificate of Resident Representative Offices of enterprises of foreign countries(regions) issued by Chinese authorities of industrial
and commercial administration, as well as Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Entity or Confirmation Letter of Invitation issued by relevant Chinese
entities as well as Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Entity or Confirmation Letter of Invitation issued by relevant Chinese entities.
(4) An approval document for commercial performances issued by the Chinese government authorities for cultural affairs or Invitation Letter of Duly
Authorized Entity or Confirmation Letter of Invitation issued by relevant Foreign Affairs Office of provincial governments of China.
(5)Letter of Invitation to Foreigners for Offshore Petroleum Operations in China issued by China National Offshore Oil Corporation;
We kindly remind you that:
Holders of Z Visa shall, within 30 days from the date of their entry, apply to the exit/entry administrations of public security organs under local
people’s governments at or above the county level in the proposed places of residence for foreigners’ residence permits.
3. Special Reminder
(1) The invitation letter may be in the form of fax, photocopy or computer printout, but the consular officer may require the applicant to submit
the original of the invitation letter..
(2) If necessary, the consular officer may require the applicant to provide other proof documents or supplementary materials, or require an interview
with the applicant.
(3) The consular officer will decide on whether or not to issue the visa and on its validity, duration of stay and number of entries in light of specific
conditions of the applicant.
Note: All of these visas are only able to be applied for in specific circumstances. We therefore fully encourage all applicants to understand their own
travel purpose and the Chinese visa situation before applying.