Visa Types & Detailed Information

Chinese Student Visa

There are two types of Chinese Student Visa. The Chinese X1 Visa and the Chinese X2 Visa.

The Chinese X2 Visa

The Chinese X2 Visa is a visa that is offered by Mandarin Language Schools in Mainland China, as well as university programs (usually semester programs) for a maximum of six months. The x2 visa can be extended within the city you originally received the invitation letter from, this means there is NO need to travel to either Hong Kong, South Korea or your country of origin.This extension will be equivalent to your previous Chinese student visa time period.

For example if you had a 3 months X2 visa, you can extend it for another 3 months, if you had your X2 visa for 6 months then you can extend it for six months and so on. After arriving in China you will need to register at the nearest police station within 24hrs. After this you must register at your school and begin studying.

Documents required:

  • School Invitation letter
  • 4 passport sized photos
  • Photo copy of passport
  • Application form
  • Passport

Chinese X2 Visa is a single entry visa, you cannot exit the country and re-enter.

The Chinese X1 Visa

The Chinese X1 Visa is different to the x2, due to it only being valid for a 30 day period. After arriving in China and registering with your university it must then be converted by the Entrance and Exit Bureau into a 1 year residence permit.

For this X1 Student Visa you will need:

  • Your universities GW202 Form
  • Passport
  • Copy of Passport
  • 4 Passport sized photos
  • Application form
The Residence permit is a multi-entry visa, you may re-enter the country as many times as you like.

MTA Network provides direct assistance with the Chinese X2 Student Visa. If you wish for assistance with your own application or have any questions contact us, alternatively if you are interested in studying Mandarin please refer to our Learn Mandarin page.

Chinese Working Visa

The Chinese Working Visa is the most complicated of all the visas we help to apply for, but don’t worry! After years of experience we have streamlined our services and are able to present a clear step by step guide to the Chinese working visa application process.
If you are having any kind of trouble and need help with either of these two processes, either as an employer or employee, we can help guide you through the process. If you are in Qingdao or in Shandong Province we can carry out your application for you, taking the stress off your shoulders and guaranteeing successful application.Additionally those needing premium services for your Chinese working visa, please contact us, all price quotes will be given on a case by case basis.
MTA Network also helps with the company registration process. If you need any assistance with this please contact us via our contact us page.

Chinese Business Visa

Applying for the Chinese Business visa is not always easy. This is Dependent on your nationality, as well as the current relations between China and your country.

The Chinese Business visa’s purpose is often confused, inaccurate and misunderstood. We’re here to clear that up. The Chinese Business visa purpose is to invite to China, representatives of a foreign business, to prospect, start or continue relations between companies.

On this Visa you cannot work or earn money legally in China. Finance should be paid to you from your own company abroad. To be clear, if you are on a Chinese business visa and you earning money domestically is the same as if you are on a Student Visa . These are both illegal situations that you can be held accountable for.

Why the confusion with the Chinese Business visa?

The truth is, lower end authorities don’t necessarily know the all legal aspects unless they are directly involved with immigration. In the past, there have been times where a business visa has been shown to a police officer and, because he’s not familiar with visas, he wouldn’t make to much of an issue about it. However everyone should be aware that police officers are becoming more and more rigorous with visa checks, call the appropriate officers in charge and to pursue legal action.

The Chinese business visa, what else do I need to know?

  • The Chinese business visa can be applied for in Hong Kong and South Korea
  • In some situations supportive documents from your company may be required
  • The Chinese Business visa is often referred to as a M Visa
  • The Chinese Business Visa used to be represented by the letter F, this changed in 2014, currently the F visa is for Chinese Culture related programs.
  • The Chinese business visa is often (but not always) a multiple entry Visa, meaning that you may need to re-enter the country once every 30, 60, 90 or 180 days during the validity period.
  • Chinese Business visa extensions can be done within China at the Exit and Entry bureau.

Documentation for the Chinese Business visa:

Basic Documents:

(1) Passport

Original passport with at least six months of remaining validity and blank visa pages, and a photocopy of the passport’s data page and the photo page if it is separate.

(2) Visa Application Form and Photo

One completed Visa Application Form with a recently-taken color passport photo (bare-head, full face) against a light background attached

(3) Proof of legal stay or residence status (applicable to those not applying for the visa in their country of citizenship)

If you are not applying for the visa in the country of your citizenship, you must provide the original and photocopy of your valid certificates or visa of stay, residence, employment or student status, or other valid certificates of legal staying provided by the relevant authorities of the country where you are currently staying.

(4) Photocopy of previous Chinese passports or previous Chinese visas (applicable to foreign citizens those who were Chinese citizens and have obtained foreign citizenship)

M Visa

(1) Documents on the commercial activity issued by a trade partner in China, or trade fair invitation or other invitation letters issued by relevant entity or individual. The invitation letter should contain:
a) Information on the applicant (full name, gender, date of birth, etc.)
b) Information on the planned visit (purpose of visit, arrival and departure dates, place(s) to be visited, relations between the applicant and the inviting entity or individual, financial source for expenditures)
c) Information on the inviting entity or individual (name, contact telephone number, address, official stamp, signature of the legal representative or the inviting individual)


Click here to Make an inquiry!